For Current Clients
Welcome to the Client Page for Cathedral Counseling Center. If you are already a client, you can find resources here to manage your schedule and account, learn about procedures and policies and provide feedback for Cathedral staff.
The Patient Portal is a password-protected site where you can look up your schedule, pay your bill and request e-mail reminders for upcoming appointments. When you become a client at Cathedral, you will receive an e-mail explaining how to enroll in the Patient Portal service.
If you are already registered, sign in here.
Policies and Procedures
• Fees are due in full at the time of service. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) and personal checks. The agency will store your credit/debit card in our confidential medical records software at your first session. We will also need a copy of your photo I.D. and insurance card if applicable. Cash is accepted only at our main office at 50 E. Washington St, Chicago, IL.
• If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact your therapist directly to give as much notice as possible. If you have a psychiatric appointment and need to re-schedule or cancel, please contact the front office at (312) 252-9500. Without a minimum of 24 hours notice your credit/debit card will automatically be charged your full sliding scale fee for missed or late cancelled sessions.
• If you have an outstanding balance when therapy ends, and you do not make arrangements with your therapist to pay off your balance, we will charge your credit card the full amount of the balance due. If the balance is not paid it will go to our collections department, with an additional $50.00 surcharge.
• There will be a $30.00 charge for all checks returned Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) and Credit Card charge backs. If two checks are returned NSF within one year, all subsequent payments must be made by cash, money order, debit or credit card.
For Clients with Insurance or Medicare:
• If you have medical insurance, please provide your policy information and a copy of your insurance card at your initial visit. Our staff will verify your coverage, estimate your benefits, and provide this information to you at your next visit. Please keep in mind that final determination of your insurance benefits is made by your insurance carrier and/or Medicare and that Cathedral Counseling Center is not responsible for any disparity between estimated and actual benefits. We encourage you to also contact your insurance company and/or Medicare to confirm your benefits. If the insurance company asks for additional information from you and is not paying the agency, your copayment will be reverted to your sliding scale fee until the insurance company pays the agency.
• You will be charged your sliding scale fee until the first “Explanation of Benefits” has been received from your insurance company. If the combined total of your insurance payment and the sliding scale fee exceeds the maximum charge allowed, your account will be credited or you will be reimbursed.
• Please note that your insurance company and/or Medicare cannot be billed for missed or late cancelled sessions and you will be responsible for your full sliding scale fee.
• You are responsible for keeping Cathedral Counseling Center informed of any changes in your insurance coverage.
Your feedback is always important to us. We conduct periodic client satisfaction surveys and invite you to discuss any questions or concerns with your therapist.